Giving your commercial space a fresh coat of paint can be one of the best investments you make. Not only can the right style and colour of paint create a memorable first impression, it can spruce up and breathe new life into any venue. Investing in the right type of paint is just as important as choosing the right painter, so it is important that you make an informed decision. Below, we answer some frequently asked questions about commercial painting such as “how much does a commercial painter charge?” so you can be confident in your search for a reliable commercial painter.
What is commercial painting?
Commercial painting services are for any commercial establishments. These establishments are usually places of trade and business, and are typically projects of a larger scale. This type of painting service is engaged when a business decides to invest in improving the durability, function, and aesthetic appeal of a commercial venue. Generally, such painting services are not just for interior and exterior walls, but also include floors, ceilings, facades, trims, roofs, decks, and other decorative elements in a venue.
Why do you need a commercial painter?
Just as you would seek the advice of a doctor regarding concerns about your health, or a mortgage broker for independent advice on home loans, so should you engage the service of a reliable painter for any commercial painting project that requires a professional finish. If you hire a registered commercial painter, not only are you receiving a service that meets industry standards, but you can also receive professional advice on important factors such as what the right colours and type of paints to use are. Exactly how much does a commercial painter charge for their services you ask? The best way to find out is to ask a reputable painting contractor directly for a quote.
What should you look for in a commercial painting contractor?
Naturally, for a professional finish, you want to hire a team of registered painters who have the skills and experience for the project. Here is a list of some key things to tick off when looking for the right professional painter.
- Registration: Here in Western Australia, projects costing over $1,000 can only be taken on by painters who are registered with the WA Building Commission Painters Registration Board. A registered painting contractor has undergone specific training to become qualified in providing a painting service that meets industry standards. Please note that our experienced team of registered painters at Elite Painting only takes on projects that cost $5,000 and over.
- Portfolio: It is a good idea to take a look at any previous work that the painting service has done before engaging their services. You should be able to find pictures of their previous clients’ projects on the company’s website. This will give you a general idea of the quality of painting to expect. You can also call up a painting company directly and request to speak with previous clients about their experience of the painting service.
- Experience: Send an email or call the painting service to ask how long it might take to complete your painting project. Professional painters will aim to minimise disruption while providing a quality paint service. Experienced and registered painters will also strive to complete the project within an agreed time frame so you can carry on with business as usual.
- Familiarity and Professionalism: Hiring a painter who is familiar with the local area means that they can apply their knowledge of environmental factors that impact paint performance to your specific context. For instance, they might be able to identify an issue with a wall such as mold, while also being able to provide advice on which specialist paints you can use to treat it and prevent regrowth. Their ability to detect and prevent problems can not only save you from a lot of stress, but also time and money.
- Customer Satisfaction: Type any painting company’s name into Google’s search bar to read service reviews from their previous clientele. The company might even have posted testimonials on their website. While doing some research can give you a good idea of the level of service to expect, it is best to contact the commercial painting company directly if you have any further questions.
- Quality of Service and Paints: A painter is as good as their professionalism, tools, and paint. Our team at Elite Painting uses only the highest quality of paint, that being Dulux. We have also been awarded Dulux Accreditation, a title that is only offered to professional painters who fulfill strict criteria in the industry and demonstrate high levels of workmanship as well as display professionalism, provide great customer service, and are reliable.
How do I calculate the cost of a painting project?
There is no doubt that if you type “how much does a commercial painter charge?” into the Google search bar you will receive a range of responses. The advice you find on discussion threads should be taken as general guides only, as each painting project will have different requirements. The best way to find out is to get a project quote directly from a commercial painting company.
Each painting project will vary in terms of its building’s structure: rooms or walls can vary in size, texture, material, and the amount of existing decorations or elements. These factors directly influence the level of expertise needed, the amount of paint and types of coatings used, the number of painters required, the cost of labour per hour, and possible overheads. All this is taken into account when painters calculate the cost of a project.
Choose a reliable painting service today
Our team at Elite Painting consists of some of the best professional commercial painters Perth can offer. All of our painters are registered with the WA Building Commission Painters Registration Board and are equipped with skills that meet industry standards. Our experienced team of painters in Perth and Mandurah are committed to providing you with exceptional commercial painting services at competitive prices each and every time. We can provide a custom quote without obligations, giving you a clear idea of the costs before you commit to working with us. Get in touch and speak to a professional today.